Career Opportunity – Junior Energy Modeler
Focal Engineering is seeking a Junior Energy Modeler to join our growing team in downtown Victoria BC. We are a small engineering consulting firm providing building energy performance consulting for new and existing buildings. Our projects range from Passive House consulting for single family homes to whole building energy simulation for large commercial buildings, to high level simulation for District Energy Systems. We work on a wide range of projects across North America. Find out more on our home page.
At Focal we pride ourselves on providing a high-quality service based on solid technical knowledge and tools. Our preferred candidate is someone who will add to this by bringing an appetite for continuous improvement and technical excellence. We also like to have fun since we’re spending 40 hours/week together and enjoy regular team lunches and Friday afternoons off!
Your responsibilities will include:
· Extract information from Architectural, Mechanical, and Electrical drawings
· Build Energy Models
· Review Energy Model results
· HVAC related calculations
· Interpret codes and standards
· Prepare reports
· Follow quality control procedures
· Liaise with project design teams
Skills and Qualifications
The items listed below are not all mandatory, some are desired.
· Civil, mechanical, or other related engineering degree, eligible for Engineer In Training status
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills
· Experience with Energy Modeling software
· Ability to read and interpret building construction drawings and specifications
· Familiarity with building systems such as HVAC, building envelope and lighting
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, 62.1, NECB 2011
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by August 31st, 2018. We will endeavor to respond to all applicants but may not be able to, depending on how many we receive. Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.